'Arsenio Hall Show' canceled after one season
There will be no more chants of "Woo! Woo! Woo!" after CBS Television Distribution announced on Friday that it is cancelling the "Arsenio Hall Show" after just one season.
"While there are many loyal fans of the show, the series did not grow its audience enough to continue," CBS TVD said in a statement. "Arsenio is a tremendous talent and we'd like to thank him for all the hard work and energy he put into the show."
Hall, a late-night fixture in the early 1990s who revived his show last year, said in a statement, "I'm gratified for the year we've had and proud of the show we created. I'd like to thank everyone on my staff for rallying around me and striving to make the best show possible every night."
The comedian also shared his sadness on Twitter after the announcement.
The news was a bit of a surprise because the show was initially renewed for a sophomore season in February. Former "Tonight Show" host Jay Leno had even stopped by the "Arsenio Hall Show" to give the host the renewal news.