It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
‘Closer than 3 brothers:’ 2 Marysvile victims were cousins of gunman
Two of the four teens injured during Friday's school shooting in Marysville, Washington, were cousins of the attacker Jayl...
- Dr. Rick Sacra: Mandatory Ebola quarantines could backfire
- Marysville student witness: 'Everyone was shocked' in cafeteria during shooting
- Utah town celebrates Halloween, Christmas early for little boy dying of leukemia
- J.K. Rowling announces new Harry Potter story to come on Halloween
- ‘Closer than 3 brothers:’ 2 Marysvile victims were cousins of gunman
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.