It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
Natalie Morales visits 'Fifty Shades of Grey' set — and learns a naughty word
Natalie Morales dropped by the movie's Vancouver, Canada, set for an exclusive tour — and she learned a new naughty word i...
- Madonna Badger marries, 2 years after tragic fire
- 17 siblings split $20 million jackpot, fullfilling late mom's wish
- Mystery of dolls left on doorsteps of California homes is solved
- A tat for Matt? Many TODAY viewers say #MattTattooYes!
- Natalie Morales visits 'Fifty Shades of Grey' set — and learns a naughty word
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.