It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
From leather to wool: How to wash your dirty winter gloves
Winter gloves can be as germy as hands, harboring everything from e-coli to the flu to the cold virus. On top of that, peo...
- The surprise beauty ritual: Your guide to dry brushing
- People Magazine reports Bruce Jenner ‘transitioning’ into a woman
- The tables have turned! Al surprised by two ASU students
- Decorate your Super Bowl party with 6 DIY projects
- From leather to wool: How to wash your dirty winter gloves
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.