It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
Robin Williams' daughter Zelda returns to Twitter 'to say thank you'
"I just want to say thank you for all the stories and letters I've been receiving," she wrote early Tuesday morning, "espe...
- Mom's last dance with son at wedding 'most beautiful thing'
- Baby of pay-it-forward parents gets heart: 'He's a brave little boy'
- Facebook goes to the dogs! Pooch pics unleashed in hottest new group
- Reward for sweating? We drink more alcohol when we exercise
- Robin Williams' daughter Zelda returns to Twitter 'to say thank you'
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.