It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
Watch Betty White reveal her (heartbreakingly sweet) greatest regret
At 93 years old and still going strong, Betty White has the kind of life most of us can only dream of. But in an interview...
- Who is the new 'Daily Show' host? 5 things to know about Trevor Noah
- End of an era! See the Wolverine photo Hugh Jackman shared
- Germanwings co-pilot treated for suicidal tendencies
- What would my mom do? Drink Tab and lock us outside
- Watch Betty White reveal her (heartbreakingly sweet) greatest regret
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.