It could be an old bank account or some forgotten stock -- even a utility deposit you never got back. An estimated $30 billion+ of unclaimed property is sitting in state treasuries waiting to be returned to millions of Americans. State officials often don't have the resources to find everybody. Use the tool below to see if you have money waiting for you.
More from TODAY.com
Atlanta Braves' new 'Simba cam' is an infinitely more adorable spin on the 'kiss cam'
- Taking a look back at Jenna Wolfe’s path to fitness
- Nailing it: 3 simple tips to make your mornings better
- Everything you need to know about hiccups — and how to get rid of them
- 'Shining a Light' on Weekend TODAY’s Baltimore Health Expo
- Atlanta Braves' new 'Simba cam' is an infinitely more adorable spin on the 'kiss cam'
All you have to do is use the links above, or log onto unclaimed.org (not unclaimed.com). Just pick a state you or any member of your family has ever worked in or played in, type in the name, and within seconds you can find out if this is your lucky day. It is all absolutely free, and you should exercise caution in accepting any offers from paid finders.
You can also use this link, missingmoney.com, to search 41 states at once. (Please note that sites may be busy due to high traffic, so you may have to check back at a later time.)
Watch Dateline, Monday, July 14, 10 p.m./9 Central.