Sign up for the TODAY newsletter

You have successfully subscribed to the TODAY newsletter.

Subscribe now and get trending stories, celebrity news and all the best of TODAY.

Mother shares warning after teen dies from Chips Ahoy cookie with peanut butter

Alexi Stafford, a Florida teenager with a severe peanut allergy, died after she consumed one Chips Ahoy cookie with peanuts in it, mistaking the packaging for another one of the brand’s products, according to her mother. Stafford’s mother is heartbroken, but wants to spread awareness so this horrible mistake doesn’t happen again. NBC’s Stephanie Gosk reports for TODAY.

Best of TODAY

Play All