Former firefighter invents high-tech prosthetic after losing his hand in a biking accident
Braden Leonard was a firefighter and avid outdoorsman. After a thorn went into his hand during a mountain biking accident, Leonard contracted necrotizing fasciitis, a flesh-eating bacteria that caused his hand to be amputated. That’s when Leonard realized the shortcomings in upper-limb prosthetics and set about designing his own prosthetic that would allow him to better live his life.
Club MK: Megyn Kelly TODAY audience gets Ettitude gift cards00:15
Kitchen dilemmas: Megyn Kelly’s burning food questions, answered04:39
Meet the shoemaker whose Chicago school has a whole lot of sole03:26
Hollywood legend Gary Busey shares some of his top life lessons12:45
Amy Holmes, Roland Martin sit down with Megyn Kelly to talk about race and history of blackface12:46
Megyn Kelly apologizes for blackface comments: ‘I was wrong, and I am sorry’02:05