Get Stuff We Love
It’s finall sweater weather! This season’s most stylish crop of comfy knits range from chunky and oversized to embellished and ruffled. And let’s not forget the return of the cardigan!
Here, we’ve compiled 43 of our favorite knits of the season. Because no matter what silhouette or style you’re looking for, a new sweater is the coolest way to stay warm on winter days.
While the cardigan has spent the past few years on the backburner, this style is back in a big way. For a modern take, try a long, flowing silhouette paired with flared trousers, or go all in on the retro vibe and tuck a shell tank into high-waisted jeans.
1. Knit cardigan, $40, Zara
2. Mossimo Women’s Plus Size Cozy open cardigan, $30, Target
3. Tipped lightweight wool Jackie cardigan, $70, J. Crew
4. Super long open-front cardi, $29, Old Navy
For casual days, laced-up V-necks are a top trend. Still great for keeping you warm, these knits reveal just enough skin to feel slightly sexy.
5. Lace-up sweater, $23, Forever 21+
7. Sweater with lacing, $25, H&M
8. Gemma lace-up rib cold shoulder knitted top, $26, Boohoo
A little bit of texture goes a long way. Add interest to an everyday style — or give a masculine silhouette a feminine twist — with a ruffle detail.
9. FRS White ruffle knit top, $54, Front Row Shop
10. Mercer grey ruffled sweater, $89, Pixie Market
11. Cap time ruffle sweater, $58, Nasty Gal
12. Ruffle sweater, $90, Ann Taylor
13. Ruffle yoke jumper, $80, Topshop
14. Ruffle detail knitted jumper, $72, Glamorous Tall
Worn alone or under another top, this is a winter wardrobe staple every woman should own. Look for sleek ribbing and a form-fitting silhouette to keep the look sleek.
15. Extra Fine Merino Ribbed Turtleneck, $30, Uniqlo
16. Knit sweater, $18, H&M
17. Hi-Lo plus-size tunic, $28, Old Navy
18. Ribbed mock neck top, $15, Forever 21
Whether you choose embroidery, beading or fringe, every girl needs one standout sweater in her closet. This should be your go-to top when temperatures drop but the style stakes are high. No “ugly sweaters” here!
20. Embroidered sweater with V-neck, $90, Zara
21. Sweater with pearl beads, $40, Zara
22. Beaded wool sweater, $99, H&M
23. Tippi sweater in embroidered stars, $90, J. Crew
24. Seaja fringed pullover, $98, Storets
This is thee ultimate layering piece. Try this boxy sweater-vest over turtlenecks or button-downs for a fresh way to stay warm.
25. Open-side sweater-vest, $75, Madewell
26. Heavy gauge cable crewneck vest, $30, Uniqlo
27. Mariam sleeveless turtleneck sweater, $98, Modern Citizen
28. High neck cable sleeveless jumper, $38, Missguided
29. Autumn Cashmere Cropped open-knit cotton sweater, $78, The Outnet
The exaggerated sleeves trend offers just a hint of detailing on an otherwise ordinary knit. Consider this the updated classic that everyone can — and should — try.
30. Sweater with tie detail on sleeve, $50, Zara
31. Ruffled bell sleeve ribbed top, $70, Pixie Market
32. Gwen wide cuff knit top, $58, Storets
33. Fashion Union jumper with high neck and wide sleeves, $38, ASOS
34. Endless Rose exaggerated sleeve sweater, $83, Revolve
Breton stripe sweaters will forever be a wardrobe staple, but this season it’s all about the multi-colored variety. We dare you to wear one of these colorful knits without breaking out in a smile.
35. Crazy stripe shimmer merino wool blend sweater, $70, Gap
36. Billabong Oversized jumper in rainbow stripe, $98, ASOS
37. K by Kersh Striped crew neck sweater, $60, Target
38. Cooperative Rainbow stripe off-the-shoulder sweater, $79, Urban Outfitters
Generous silhouettes look great over fitted dresses, flowy skirts or sleek leggings. Plus, it feels like wearing a blanket all day!
39. Oversized Mohair-blend sweater, $60, H&M
40. Oversized knit, $95, & Other Stories
41. Noisy May Deep v-neck oversize knit jumper, $33, ASOS
42. French Connection Weekend Flossie oversize sweater, $83, Bloomingdale's
43. Oversize sweater, $40, Mango