There's a reason why social media star Michelle Phan has more than 7.5 million subscribers on YouTube, nearly 3 million likes on Facebook and 1.8 million followers on Instagram — her style and beauty videos are absolutely addicting! Not to mention, her clear and easy-to-follow instructions make even the most difficult makeup looks seems simple.
This self-described digital pioneer is always on the cutting edge of new trends and joined TODAY Tuesday to share how to get the hottest beauty looks of the season.
Ombre pastel lips
- Start by applying moisturizer to lips.
- Next, line the outer lips with a matte lip pencil.
- Fill in the lips with a lighter-color lipstick and be sure to apply more to the bottom than the top.
- Blot with a tissue and blend.
- Use an angled-tip brush to groom the brows.
- With a matching matte eyeshadow, fill in the hairs with gentle strokes and aim to create a shape fuller than the natural brow.
- Set with a clear brow gel.
- Apply a light dusting of gold pigment on the cupid's bow indent above your lips.
- Add a nude shadow to the inner corner of each eye and across the browline.
- Choose a glitter liner to subtlety line the upper lash line. The key is to keep it small!
- Pick a fun eyeliner color to start with.
- Use a black, liquid eyeliner to carefully trace the top eyelid and wing out the end like a cat eye.
- Then apply the color liner just above it. Just a touch of color to add a bit of fun!
Want more? Check out Phan's tips from Halloween.