Get Stuff We Love
We love having fun with fashion ... and love the convenience of shopping online even more. That's why TODAY.com is picking the brains of some industry experts to find out where they score their favorite items. This time, Lilliana Vazquez spoke with Redbook's ever-stylish market director Sarah Lisitski-Gerrish.
Name: Sarah Gerrish
Title: Market director, Redbook
Personal Instagram: @whatsarahsees
Personal Twitter: @whatsarahsees
- Describe your personal style in 5 words or less. My best friend likes to say that I try “every trend, every time” which basically means that as new trends emerge each season I will definitely be wearing them, but in my own way and tailored to my body shape.
- Who's your celebrity style crush & why? Jessica Alba because she always looks polished and feminine and she isn’t afraid to play with different silhouettes and color.
- How often do you shop online? Once a month, I’m truthfully more of a store shopper because I love to try things on
- What is your best tip for a successful online shopping experience? Fit is my biggest concern when shopping online so I think it’s always good to not only know your usual size, but to have your waist and bust measurements handy since most websites have a sizing chart that and actual measurements. Also if there are customer reviews I always read them because it’s nice to hear feedback from fellow shoppers.
- What is your favorite "under-the-radar" shopping website? Right now I am loving Vestique.com. http://www.vestique.com/
- What makes this website so special? They have everything from apparel to shoes, jewelry and even activewear and most of it retails for under $50.
- What is the last item you bought on this site? A printed maxi dress. I have always been obsessed with prints of all kinds, I feel like I’m wearing works of art when I wear a good print. And in the summer I live in maxi dresses.