Get Stuff We Love
Between sorting, pre-treating and carrying everything from room to room, laundry day can be a pain. You know the conundrum: Need fresh jammies and towels, but would rather be drinking a mocha cappuccino.
After finally getting everything clean, my idea of folding used to involve simply draping clothes over a fluffy chair for a few days (it won’t get as wrinkled that way, right?). But since I discovered this genius folding trick, I can now complete this chore as I play an enthralling silent solo game of “How quickly can I finish this?”
It might be more addicting than Candy Crush!
- Lay shirt on a hard surface. The front should face up, with the shirt positioned horizontally so the neckline is on your right.
- Identify three points on the side of the shirt farthest from you. A is the midpoint of the shoulder, B is at the halfway point between the top and bottom of shirt, and C is at the bottom seam. These three points make one straight line down the length of the shirt.
- Pinch point A with your right hand.
- Lift point B with your left hand.
- Reach your right hand around your left hand to pinch point C.
- Quickly unfold your arms and lightly shake your shirt to move the folds into place.
- Use the table to fold the shirt onto itself.
Bring it on, laundry day!