Gwen Stefani is no stranger to eye-catching coifs. She’s been rocking daring ‘dos since her No Doubt days (remember her double buns?). But for the past 20 years, the dye devotee has been sporting platinum strands.
As you can imagine, maintaining the singer’s ultrablond hue takes a lot of time and attention. The man Stefani trusts to keep her trademark tresses looking flawless, Danilo (her stylist for the past two decades) recently revealed to Refinery29 that he refreshes her roots every single Monday using a "bleach-free formula he developed just for her.”
While he credits his special hue-enhancer for maintaining Stefani’s vibrant color, he says the $4 Pantene Pro-V leave-in conditioner is the secret to keeping her hair healthy — even with the damage-inducing dyeing and heat-styling.
Below is Stefani’s go-to strand-saver by Pantene, plus a few other damage-reversing, drugstore leave-ins to try now.
Gwen's Pick: Pantene Pro-V Smoothing Combing Creme, $4, Amazon
2. SheaMoisture Sea Kelp and Pearl Protein Color Extend Leave-in Conditioner, $13, Target
3. It's A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product, $13, Amazon
4. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisture and Shine Leave-In Conditioner, $9, Amazon
5. Suave Professionals Keratin Heat Defense Leave in Conditioner, $3, Amazon
5. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream, $3, Amazon
This article was originally published on June 12, 2017 on Today.com.