When it comes to great lashes, nobody does it better than animated characters (see: Betty Boop, Jessica Rabbit) and mainstream makeup has taken notice. With the popularity of cosplay (aka "costume play" or dressing like a fictional character), cartoonishly large and defined eyelashes are all the rage.
The experts at Rouge NY makeup salon show TODAY.com how to get lashes worthy of a Japanese cartoon — or anime — character.
A is for ... Anime lashes
- Apply one set of fake eyelashes and let dry. (Pro tip: Allow the glue to sit for about 30 seconds before using so that it becomes tackier and easier to work with.)
- Now, add a second layer of false lashes. More is more when it comes to this trend!
- Using a healthy amount of mascara, clump both layers of falsies together with the natural lashes.
- Separate into exaggeratedly large section with fingers and/or an eyelash brush.
- Lastly, create a thick cateye with liquid liner to further enhance the look.