Does your ponytail need a little lift and volume? Add bounce to your ponytail with just a few extra steps.
1. First, after you hair has been blow-dried and soft curled use your fingers to separate it, giving it wispy appearance.
2. Then, place a little styling wax between your fingers and apply to some strands to add definition.
3. Section off a large portion of your hair on either side of your head. You will add this hair into the ponytail afterward.
4. Next, smooth the back of your hair & pull the hair up at the same time into a very high ponytail that sits just behind your head’s crown area. Secure the ponytail with a clear hair band.
5. Take the two side pieces that were left out earlier and smooth them out using a small brush.
6. Finally, wrap one piece under the high pony and secure with hair pins. Repeat the same method to the side.
A version of this story originally appeared on iVillage.