Get Stuff We Love
She’s the superstar stylist responsible for some of Hollywood’s most standout looks, and the author of “How to Accessorize: A Perfect Finish to Every Outfit.” Plus, she’s a big fan of something most of us slip on to top off an what could be an otherwise blah outfit: costume jewelry. It's fun. It's trendy. And it's not some super-pricey heirloom piece.
“You can wear it for a season. You don’t need to be married to it,” said Erlanger.
But don’t be fooled by the rocks that they got (out there). Some really are better than others.
“You want to look for things that are made with good-quality materials. It’s great you’re buying costume jewelry. I wear costume jewelry. You don’t want it to look cheap. Make sure that finishes are clean and bright. If they are colored stones, they should be clear and glossy,” said Erlanger.
One of her go-tos: "I love BaubleBar. It’s accessible and stylish and they have a great range of options," said Erlanger.
Check out these other glitzy picks.
Silver costume jewelry
“Sterling silver is always preferred but plated is fine too. If you’re going to wear it day in and out, go with sterling silver. You’ll have more longevity,” advised Erlanger.
1. Pandora Women's Sterling 8.3 Bead Clasp Charm Bracelet, $62 (usually $65), Amazon
TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY does have affiliate relationships. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
This is sure to be a staple.
2. Amazon Collection Sterling Silver Vertical Bar Dangle Earrings, $19, Amazon
These are classic, simple and timeless.
3. Amazon Collection two-tone Be charm necklace, $29, Amazon
Wear a little everyday inspiration around on your neck.
4. Alex Woo Mini Cord Charm Bracelet, $62, Amazon
Also available for $78 at Lord And Taylor.
The heart adds a sweet touch to this subtle piece.
We also love these letter pendants by Alex Woo, available for $98 at Macy's.
Colored costume jewelry
"You have to keep quality and design in mind," said Erlanger.
5. BaubleBar Rubi Resin Statement Necklace, $43 (originally $58), BaubleBar
This necklace, available in green/blue or blush, is perfect for open necklines, or to add drama to an outfit.
6. Elise M. Amelie Blue Topaz Ring, $52, Nordstrom
Meet your new favorite statement piece.
And wait until you see this Elise M. Ambrosia bracelet.
7. Alex And Ani Because I love You Expandable Bracelet, $18 (usually $28), Amazon
Also available in silver for $26 at Walmart.
This bracelet's an adorable way to show your pals how much they mean to you.
And how cute is this Alex And Ani initial two-tone bracelet at Nordstrom?
8. Stella + Ruby Rainbow Statement Earrings, $45, Shopbop
The jewel tones make a major style splash.
Same with the flowers and crystals on this scrunchie bracelet sold at Saks Fifth Avenue for $45.
9. Stella + Ruby Chiffon Flower Earrings, $38, Nordstrom
You'll be seeing scarlet in this stunning set.
Gold-toned costume jewelry
10. Monica Vinader Wide Signature Ring, $115-$135, Nordstrom
We love the clean, simple lines of this number.
Plus, this friendship bracelet blends gold and color!
11. Amazon Collection Gold-Plated Asscher-Cut Halo Earrings, $30, Amazon
Get ready to dazzle with these Swarovski Zirconias.
And for a simpler look, try this initial earrings from Nordstrom.
Sometimes, all you need to finish off an outfit is one great accessory: