Our editors independently selected these items because we think you will enjoy them and might like them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we may earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
Book a pedicure and pull out that pumice stone — sandal season is here! The imminent arrival of summer means it’s time to store our booties and sneakers and show off our toes. This season, there are plenty of fun and leg-flattering sandal trends to choose from, so go ahead and retire those old flip-flops.
We found 25 pairs of summer sandals to buy now; whether you’re looking for a pretty, embellished flat to go with your basic shorts and tanks, or a cute wedge you can wear with a sundress. From practical ankle straps to beachy espadrilles, there are plenty of styles to choose from — just don't make us pick a favorite.
This style has remained popular year after year for a reason: they're comfortable, stylish and appropriate to wear just about anywhere. Just don't forget to apply extra sunscreen on your feet; those tan lines are tough!
1. Sam & Libby gladiator sandals, $30, Target.com
2. Forever 21 faux leather lace-up sandals, $20, forever21.com
3. Steve Madden ‘Werkit’ gladiator sandals, $60, nordstrom.com
4. Topshop ‘Hiccup’ weave sandals, $45, topshop.com
5. Report ‘Gibbson’ sandals, $39, zappos.com
Slip-on sandals will be the saving grace of your summer; they're easy to put on and take off, and they're much more durable than flip-flops. With metallic fabrics and embellishments, the pairs below are as cute as they are comfortable.
6. Nine West ‘Davinia’ espadrille slides, $79, zappos.com
7. Old Navy sueded fringe slide sandals, $17, oldnavy.com
8. H&M slip-on sandals, $25, hm.com
9. Zara flat shoes with metal heel detail, $30, zara.com
10. Hinge ‘Mere’ slides, $70, nordstrom.com
Shh, we'll let you in on a little secret: Even the highest heel will feel more secure with an ankle strap. Whether a flat sandal, a slight wedge or a full-blown block heel, this particular style will stay put while you run around the backyard or dance the night away.
11. Zara metallic crossover sandals, $70, zara.com
12. Sam & Libby ankle strap wedge sandals, $35, target.com
13. Banana Republic ‘Talia’ leather sandals, $78, bananarepublic.com
14. Forever 21 block heel sandals, $30, forever21.com
15. Sole Society ‘Zahara’ sandals, $70, solesociety.com
These inclined shoes are simply perfect for summer. Just one look at a pair of wedge sandals has us smelling summer barbecues or imagining which flirty skirt they'll pair with best. Look for a style that offers a platform under the toes for extra comfort and ease when walking.
16.H&M wedge heel sandals, $50, hm.com
17. DV ‘Ella’ espadrille wedge sandals, $30, target.com
18. Charles By Charles David cork wedge heels, $50, tjmaxx.com
19. Jessica Simpson ‘Jaime’ wedge sandals, $59, zappos.com
Daredevils and fashionistas? We didn't forget you. These colorful and embellished styles will kick your look up a notch (or two) all summer long. With mulitcolored pompoms or metallic hardware, these options can be worn more ways then you might think.
20. Forever 21 embroidered lace-up sandals, $30, forever21.com
21. Zara pom-pom leather sandals, $89, zara.com
22. Old Navy fringed faux suede sandals, $25, oldnavy.com
23. Sam & Libby embellished thong sandals, $28, Target.com