Get Stuff We Love
Babies inevitably come with a ton of stuff.
Between diapers, wipes, bottles, milk, blankets, backup outfits, hand sanitizer, burp cloths, favorite toys and pacifiers (to name a few), it’s essential to have a bag that’s big enough to hold everything and won’t get ruined at the first sign of a spill.
While your beloved leather handbag isn’t the best choice, you don’t have to completely forget your fashion sense when selecting a diaper bag. Truth be told: You'll be lugging it around nearly everywhere, so you might as well like the way it looks.
Here are a slew of practical options for every style, function and personality.
It makes sense that backpacks and gym bags can easily double as diaper bags — after all, they’re designed to be thrown over you shoulder and handle sweaty clothes, water bottles, sneakers and more. Look for one with plenty of pockets and a color or pattern that works with your stroller.
1. Baggu Backpack in Natural Grid, $38, needsupply.com
2. JJ Cole Backpack Diaper Bag, $72, diapers.com
3. The Honest Company City Faux Leather Diaper Backpack, $90, nordstrom.com
4. ASOS Nylon Backpack with Pockets, $40, asos.com
This one’s for all the working mamas out there! A tote tends to look super sophisticated — so no one needs to know that you’ve swapped out your laptop for a bundle of diapers. Bonus points if you find one that zips shut for the morning commute.
5. Pottery Barn Vegan Leather Presidio Diaper Tote, $99, potterybarnkids.com
6. Little Unicorn Brookside Diaper Tote, $75, nordstrom.com
7. Enfant Roma Diaper Tote, $43, 7amenfant.com
8. Storksak Color Block Diaper Tote, $115, buybuybaby.com
Out of the box
Think of these as your anti-diaper bag. We love the idea of using a sleek messenger, unassuming hobo, cheeky beach bag or even clutch as a place for baby’s belongings. They also make great gifts!
9. Petunia Pickle Bottom Embossed Hideaway Hobo, $58, 6pm.com
10. State Berkley Tote, $80, statebags.com
12. Nest Designs Kiera Foldout Clutch, $85, amazon.com
If you want to go the traditional route, there are still some diaper bags out there that still feel sleek. Without being overly sweet or youthful, simple styles can fade into the background and put the spotlight where it should be — your baby’s darling face!
14. Rains Bag, $90, revolve.com
15. Herschel Supply Co. Bamfield Tote, $90, shopbop.com
16. Timi & Leslie Classic Diaper Tote, $85, nordstrom.com
We all know there's no such thing as a "supermom," but looking this pretty, practical and prepared comes pretty darn close!