At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.
Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
It's fashion week in New York, but even if you're far from the catwalk, translating the latest runway beauty trends to real life is easier than you think.
From Dior’s electric liner to Prada’s colorful cat eyes, there was a rainbow's worth of inspiration on the runways. If a full '80s flashback isn’t for you, don’t be afraid to live a little and try a swipe of liquid eyeliner or creme eyeshadow in any color other than black or brown.
- Dior Diorshow On Stage liquid eyeliner, $31, Neiman Marcus
- Diorshow Pump’n’volume mascara, $30, Dior
- NYX Vivid Brights creme color eyeshadow, $10, Ulta
- Vivid Brights liner, $7, NYX
- Urban Decay Double Team Special Effect color mascara, $24, Ulta
SMOKE & SPARKLE
If you can’t bear to wear the technicolor trend, black eyeliner was everywhere, too. From striking to smokey, Tom Ford, Max Mara and Carolina Herrera all accessorized their models with dramatic looks. For a more wearable everyday version, simply give your go-to liner a smudge, and add a dash of shimmer on top for a soft touch. New sticks and crayons — some with a convenient smudging tool on the other end—make application super easy.
- Marc Jacobs Beauty O!mega gel powder eyeshadow, $29, Neiman Marcus
- Lancome Ombre Hypnose Stylo shadow stick, $25, Ulta
- Julep Eyeshadow 101 creme-to-powder stick, $18, Julep
- Maybelline Colortattoo concentrated crayon, $7, Ulta
The classic fall lip color is back with a bang this season. Bare eyes and bold lips ruled the runway at many of the season's hottest shows. The modern red lip can be worn any way you want; newer applications like powders, mousse, crayons and stains allow for different effects, buildable color and incredible staying power throughout the day.
- Chanel Lip Balm And Powder Duo, $37, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Chanel Jumbo Longwear Mat Lip Crayon, $37, Neiman Marcus
- Covergirl Outlast All Day Custom Reds lip color, $11, Ulta
- Innisfree vivid creamy tint, $12, Innisfree
From decadent gold-foiled eyes to full-on glitter faces, fashion week took metallic makeup to the extreme. You don't have to go to quite that level, but it’s good to glow a little this fall! Try illuminating your cheeks with a dash of shimmer, or applying a diamond-like glaze to your lips. It's your moment to shine.
- Fenty Beauty Diamond Bomb All-Over Diamond Veil, $38, Sephora
- Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer, $18, Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Sun Dipped Glow Kit, $40, Ulta
- L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter Palette, $15, Ulta
- Pat McGrath Mothership V Bronze Seduction Palette, $125, Sephora
- Danessa Myricks Illuminating Veil, $22, Alcone