At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.
Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
It's a pain to pack the entire beauty arsenal for a short weekend getaway. And for longer-term trips, many of the best products aren't exactly TSA-approved.
To solve this issue, TODAY Style asked celebrity experts for their favorite beauty buys that are also travel-friendly — and available in your local drugstore!
Hairstylist: Giovanni Vaccaro, GLAMSQUAD creative director
Celebrity clients include Brooke Shields, Ivanka Trump and Paris Hilton.
1. Sachajuan Volume Powder Spray ($18, walmart.com): “This is great for big hair on-the-go. The spray creates volume with a clean-looking, matte finish. Plus, the slim packaging makes it so easy to pack.”
2. Nexxus Comb Thru Volume Finish Mist Hairspray ($3, drugstore.com): “This hairspray creates sexy body and bounce with a long-lasting hold.”
Makeup artist: Kelli Bartlett, GLAMSQUAD director of makeup artistry
Celebrity clients include Gwyneth Paltrow, Paris Hilton and Emma Roberts.
3. e.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder ($4, walmart.com): “This all-in-one blush and bronzer creates the perfect glow all year. The petite size is perfectly portable.”
4. Acure Organics Argan Oil ($10, drugstore.com): “I use this for everything, from hydrating cuticles to mixing with my foundation for a more sheer glow. I even put it on my hair at the beach to protect it from the sun.”
5. Olay Cleansing Face Cloths ($5, drugstore.com): “These are a travel must-have. Perfect for keeping skin cleansed and moisturized while on-the-go.”
Hairstylist: Sheenon Olson, ATMA Beauty creative director
Celebrity clients include Elizabeth Olsen and Elle Macpherson.
6. Batiste Dry Shampoo ($3, target.com): “Simple yet effective, this is my go-to when I'm in a pinch. It's great for blondes and those with light-colored hair.”
7. Sebastian Shaper Hair Spray Trial Size ($6, target.com): “Sometimes, you just need some serious hold to stop bangs moving around. This spray is also great if you like to use a hot tool.”
8. It's a 10 Leave-In Conditioner ($12, target.com): “This is one of the best detanglers you can buy. It’s simple and effective.”
9. SheaMoisture African Black Soap Hand Cream ($5.50, target.com): “I first tried this out on a whim. Turns out, I love it! It keeps your skin moisturized and healthy.”
Hairstylist: Jenn Chobanian of Salon 718 in Brooklyn, New York
Celebrity clients include Cyndi Lauper and Chelsea Spack.
10. Not Your Mother's "She's a Tease" volumizing spray, 2 oz. ($3, ulta.com): “My favorite drugstore brand is Not Your Mother's. They have a great line of inexpensive products that really deliver. I especially love their volumizing spray: It gives a lot of volume without stickiness and the packaging offers a great laugh! They have a conveniently small bottle, which is perfect for traveling and keeping in your purse for a quick style refresh.”
Makeup artist: Tracy Murphy, Lash Star Beauty founder and CEO
Celebrity clients include Brooklyn Decker and Kate Upton.
11. Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6, target.com): “I love a good cuticle balm. It’s such a great multitasker and so easy to pop in my carry-on. I slather it on my cuticles or any dry spots that need some attention.”
12. Q-tips Cotton Swabs ($4, drugstore.com): “This goes without saying, but Q-tips are one of my everyday essentials that I also need when traveling. They are a must-have for cleaning up after applying mascara and eye makeup.”
13. Batiste Hint Of Color Dry Shampoo Spray ($7, target.com): "This product is my everything. It’s great for a quick refresher after a long flight or for an early morning shoot when you have to get ready very quickly in the morning."
14. Tide To Go Instant Stain Remover Pen ($4, walgreens.com): “I wear a lot of black, but you never know when you are going to have a stain or a spill and I always like to appear polished and professional.”
15. Colgate Wisps Optic White Brushes ($2, jet.com): “These are especially great after a red-eye (flight) when I have to jump straight into work and be face-to-face with my clients.”
Makeup artist: Clementina Richardson, founder of Envious Lashes
Celebrity clients include Naomi Campbell, Mary J Blige and Kate Capshaw.
16. Vaseline Lip Therapy in Aloe Vera ($4, walgreens.com): “This is one I have used for years (since) it refreshes and helps heal dry lips. This fresh fragrance and hydrating formula leaves a natural shine on lips and doubles as a gloss in case you're in a rush.”
17. Sally Hansen Nail Stickers ($7, walgreens.com): “These stickers help save me a trip to the nail salon and let me change up my look according to my current mood!”
Makeup artist: Ramy Gafni, author of "How To Fake Real Beauty"
Clients include Taylor Swift, Tina Fey and Rihanna.
18. Garnier BB Cream ($10, target.com) “It can replace your concealer, foundation and moisturizer all in one tube. Great when traveling light!”
19. Maybelline Baby Lips ($3, target.com) “I love makeup that offers multiple uses. This is an inexpensive tinted lip balm that can do double-duty as blush if you dab it on your cheeks."