Our editors have independently selected the items featured in this article because we think they’re worth knowing about. Shop TODAY has affiliate relationships so we may get a small share of the revenue if you buy something through our links.
Last year was all about the off-the-shoulder look, and while there are still quite a few of those to be found, this season we're seeing more of a focus on V-neck and wrap styles. This is great news, since a wrap style is almost universally flattering.
From bright, bold floral patterns to black dresses you can style up for a wedding or down for a day at the beach, we found 15 of the season's best maxi dresses to wear throughout the warmer months.
- 1. Astr The Label Floral Ruched Front Maxi Dress, $85, Nordstrom
The ruching and low neckline give this pretty maxi dress a bit of sass. We could see this dress at a wedding with a pair of nude heels (like Nordstrom has styled it) and a great pair of earrings.
- 2. Cream Floral Dress With Buttons, $40, H&M
Not only does this dress have decorative puff sleeves with ties, it also features covered buttons at the front to easily style a variety of ways.
- 3. Dellytop Floral Print Sleeveless Maxi Dresses, $16, Walmart
This maxi dress is available in 10 different colors. With an inexpensive price tag, why not pick up a few for all of your spring and summer events?
Not So Basic Black
- 1. Aphratti 3/4 Sleeve Vintage Wrap Maxi Dress, $23-$28, Amazon
We love wrap dresses because they tend to be flattering on a variety of body types. Solid black makes this wrap dress infinitely wearable, and the ruffled detail makes it just a touch more feminine.
Stuff We Love
- 2. MakeMeChic Women's Casual Loose Pocket Maxi Dress, $24, Amazon
Relaxed, comfortable and casual, this affordable black dress will be your go-to for lazy Sundays when you (unfortunately) have to leave the house.
- 3. Taylor Dresses Women's Lace Mesh Maxi Slip Dress, $47+, Amazon
The lace detailing and handkerchief hemline set this breezy black dress apart, and if the plunging neckline feels too deep for you, try this one over a swimsuit or a little black bandeau bra.
Summery Striped Maxi Dress
- 1. ASOS Design Tiered Striped Maxi Dress, $56, ASOS
With a square neck and tiered design, this dress is perfect for casual days.
- 2. BP Twist Front Stripe Maxi Dress, $49, Nordstrom
People assume that horizontal stripes aren't flattering, but this simple dress proves otherwise.
Crazy Colorful Maxi Dresses
- 1. N Natori Congo Caftan Dress, $28+, Amazon
Caftans aren't just for the beach or poolside hangs, you can easily pair a dress like this with wedge sandals for a day out.
- 2. Yidarton Summer Blue And White Porcelain Strapless Boho Maxi Dress, $13+, Amazon
A strapless, ruffled style is a great, flattering maxi dress option for vacation and dates at the beach.
- 3. Roxy Brilliant Stars Dress, $38+, Amazon
The smocked neck and relaxed fit of this dress make it an ideal dress to throw on for warm spring days.
The best Plus Size Maxi Dresses
- 1. Ruffle Detail Maxi Dress, $120, Eloquii
This print is perfect for transitioning between seasons, especially during unpredictable weather. The cut of the dress allows it to be dressed up with a cute pair of heels or dressed down with some stylish white sneakers.
- 2. INC International Concepts Plus Size Off-The-Shoulder High-Low Dress, $66 (usually $110), Macy's
This floral dress highlights the shape in all the right places with the rushed waist, off-the-shoulder cut and high-low shape.
The best Petite Maxi Dresses
- 1. Loveappella V-Neck Jersey Maxi Dress, $68, Nordstrom
This maxi can take you from running errands with the kids all day straight to a casual summer date night. It comes in black, midnight blue and red.
- 2. Fashion Union Petite Dobby Floral Maxi Dress, $60, ASOS
Want to get a little more dressed up, but still look effortless? Throw on this floral print for a chic and ultra-summery look that promises to fit a petite figure.
On the hunt for more spring and summer staples? Check out:
Shop TODAY takes care to recommend our favorite items chosen by trusted experts and editors, as well as inform our readers of great deals, customer favorites, and newsworthy products from around the web. For more on our process, click here.