Last year was all about the off-the-shoulder look, and while there are still quite a few of those to be found, this season we're seeing more of a focus on V-neck and wrap styles. This is great news, since a wrap style is almost universally flattering.
From bright, bold floral patterns to black dresses you can style up for a wedding or down for a day at the beach, we found 15 of the season's best maxi dresses to wear throughout the warmer months.
- 1. Astr The Label Floral Ruched Front Maxi Dress, $85, Nordstrom
The ruching and low neckline give this pretty maxi dress a bit of sass. We could see this dress at a wedding with a pair of nude heels (like Nordstrom has styled it) and a great pair of earrings.
- 2. Cream Floral Dress With Buttons, $40, H&M
Not only does this dress have decorative puff sleeves with ties, it also features covered buttons at the front to easily style a variety of ways.
- 3. Dellytop Floral Print Sleeveless Maxi Dresses, $16, Walmart
This maxi dress is available in 10 different colors. With an inexpensive price tag, why not pick up a few for all of your spring and summer events?
Not So Basic Black
- 1. Aphratti 3/4 Sleeve Vintage Wrap Maxi Dress, $23-$28, Amazon
We love wrap dresses because they tend to be flattering on a variety of body types. Solid black makes this wrap dress infinitely wearable, and the ruffled detail makes it just a touch more feminine.
- 2. MakeMeChic Women's Casual Loose Pocket Maxi Dress, $24, Amazon
Relaxed, comfortable and casual, this affordable black dress will be your go-to for lazy Sundays when you (unfortunately) have to leave the house.
- 3. Taylor Dresses Women's Lace Mesh Maxi Slip Dress, $47+, Amazon
The lace detailing and handkerchief hemline set this breezy black dress apart, and if the plunging neckline feels too deep for you, try this one over a swimsuit or a little black bandeau bra.
Summery Striped Maxi Dress
- 1. ASOS Design Tiered Striped Maxi Dress, $56, ASOS
With a square neck and tiered design, this dress is perfect for casual days.
- 2. BP Twist Front Stripe Maxi Dress, $49, Nordstrom
People assume that horizontal stripes aren't flattering, but this simple dress proves otherwise.
Crazy Colorful Maxi Dresses
- 1. N Natori Congo Caftan Dress, $28+, Amazon
Caftans aren't just for the beach or poolside hangs, you can easily pair a dress like this with wedge sandals for a day out.
- 2. Yidarton Summer Blue And White Porcelain Strapless Boho Maxi Dress, $13+, Amazon
A strapless, ruffled style is a great, flattering maxi dress option for vacation and dates at the beach.
- 3. Roxy Brilliant Stars Dress, $38+, Amazon
The smocked neck and relaxed fit of this dress make it an ideal dress to throw on for warm spring days.
The best Plus Size Maxi Dresses
- 1. Ruffle Detail Maxi Dress, $120, Eloquii
This print is perfect for transitioning between seasons, especially during unpredictable weather. The cut of the dress allows it to be dressed up with a cute pair of heels or dressed down with some stylish white sneakers.
- 2. INC International Concepts Plus Size Off-The-Shoulder High-Low Dress, $66 (usually $110), Macy's
This floral dress highlights the shape in all the right places with the rushed waist, off-the-shoulder cut and high-low shape.
The best Petite Maxi Dresses
- 1. Loveappella V-Neck Jersey Maxi Dress, $68, Nordstrom
This maxi can take you from running errands with the kids all day straight to a casual summer date night. It comes in black, midnight blue and red.
- 2. Fashion Union Petite Dobby Floral Maxi Dress, $60, ASOS
Want to get a little more dressed up, but still look effortless? Throw on this floral print for a chic and ultra-summery look that promises to fit a petite figure.
On the hunt for more spring and summer staples? Check out: