Get Stuff We Love
Last year was all about the off-the-shoulder look, and while there are still quite a few of those to be found, this season we're seeing more of a focus on v-neck and wrap styles. This is great news for most of us, since a wrap style is almost universally flattering.
From bright, bold floral patterns to black dresses you can style up for a wedding or down for a day at the beach, we found 15 of the season's best maxi dresses to wear throughout the warm summer months.
1. Lush Surplice Maxi Dress, $55, Nordstrom
A thigh-high slit and daring neckline give this pretty maxi dress a bit of sass. We could see this dress at a wedding with a pair of nude heels (like Nordstrom has styled it) and a great pair of earrings.
2. Jack By BB Dakota Kogan Dress, $43 (usually $85), Shopbop
This beach-ready maxi dress from BB Dakota's little sister line, Jack, looks great with sandals or even paired with a denim jacket and slip-on white sneakers!
3. Farrow Pina Maxi Dress, $49 (usually $98), Need Supply
Not quite maxi and not quite midi, this floral off-the-shoulder dress in a punchy tropical print gives us major vacation vibes.
Not So Basic Black
4. Aphratti Faux Wrap Long Maxi Dress With Belt, $28, Amazon
We love wrap dresses because they tend to be flattering on a variety of body types. Solid black makes this wrap dress infinitely wearable, and the ruffled detail makes it just a touch more feminine.
5. MakeMeChic Casual Dress with Pockets, $18-$24, Amazon
Relaxed, comfortable and casual, this affordable black dress will be your go-to for lazy Sundays when you (unfortunately) have to leave the house.
6. Taylor Lace Mesh Maxi Slip Dress, $33, Amazon
The lace detailing and handkerchief hemline set this breezy black dress apart, and if the plunging neckline feels too deep for you, try this one over a swimsuit or a little black bandeau bra.
7. ASOS Dobby One Sleeve Maxi Dress, $32 (usually $45), ASOS
The off-the-shoulder trend has been around for a few seasons, and we don't see it going anywhere. With chic long sleeves, this breezy dress is great for those who don't want to show too much skin.
Summery Striped Maxi Dress
8. The Striped Cotton-Poplin Shirt Dress, $63, Everlane
We rely on Everlane for our favorite everyday items, and this poplin dress is all that and a little bit more. With pockets, a generous fit and a crisp silhouette, this one is great for traveling.
Crazy Colorful Maxi Dresses
9. N by Natori Congo Caftan, $68, Zappos
Caftans aren't just for the beach or poolside hangs, you can easily pair a dress like this with wedge sandals for a day out.
It's also sold at Amazon.
10. 24/7 Comfort Apparel Lena Short Sleeve Maxi Dress, $45, Walmart
With a flattering V-neck and just a bit of drape, this dress has an almost universally flattering silhouette. The green colors in the print are on-trend, and the super-soft fabric make this dress ideal for lounging or running errands.
11. Yidarton Blue and White Porcelain Strapless Boho Maxi Dress, $11-$24, Amazon
A strapless, ruffled style is a great, flattering maxi dress option for vacation and dates at the beach.
12. Roxy Brilliant Stars Dress, $60, Amazon
The smocked neck and relaxed fit of this dress make it an ideal dress to throw on for warm spring days.
13. Leith Kimono Maxi Dress, $79, Nordstrom
The bright green color of this relaxed t-shirt style dress pushes it from cute to cool. We also love the knee-high slits on both sides, and would style it with a fun straw bag and baseball cap!
Plus Size Maxi Dresses
14. Chambray Wrap Dress, $60 with code STOCKUP (usually $120), Eloquii
Chambray fabric is perfect for transitioning between seasons, especially during unpredictable weather. The cut of the dress allows it to be dressed up with a cute pair of heels or dressed down with some stylish white sneakers.
15. Glamorous Floral Print Off-the-Shoulder Maxi Dress, $83 (usually $119), Bloomindgales
This floral dress highlights the shape in all the right places with the rushed waist and off-the-shoulder cut.
Petite Maxi Dresses
16. Loveappella Maxi Dress, $68, Nordstrom
This maxi can take you from running errands with the kids all day straight to a casual summer date night. It comes in black, midnight blue and red.
17. Floral Tiered Maxi, $90 (usually $128), J. Crew
Want to get a little more dressed up, but still look effortless? Throw on this floral print for a chic and ultra-summery look.