At TODAY we take care to recommend items we hope you’ll enjoy! Just so you know, TODAY may get a small share of the revenue.Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
If the slowly rising temperatures have you inspired to change up your wardrobe, you're not alone.
But just because it's a new season, doesn't mean you need a new wardrobe. In fact, changing up your look for spring could be as easy as buying a new pair of shoes.
With jewels, embroidery, beading and embellishment, these statement shoes make an outfit all on their own. They're the one secret fashion item you never knew you needed!
TODAY Style Squad member Lilliana Vazquez rocked the look on TODAY when she wore fabulous, floral Zara sandals (Bobbie Thomas even has the same pair) and Sheinelle Jones had to ask her the secret to rocking them.
Here are Vazquez's top two tips:
1. Don't worry about matching.
Forget everything you think you know about picking shoes for your outfit. They don't have to match! Vazquez noted that not one color in her floral shoes matched her hot pink dress. The trick is treating the bold statement like a neutral that goes with (just about) anything. Speaking of ...
2. Let the shoes shine.
While the bold shoes can act as a neutral, remember that it's best to keep everything else more simple. Feeling confused? Try Vazquez's go-to outfit when rocking statement shoes: jeans, a white T-shirt and a leather jacket. Now that's something we can get behind!
If you're ready to try it out for yourself, we've rounded up some seriously statement-making shoes to buy right now.
1. Gem Slingback High Heel Shoes, $70, Zara
2. Circus by Sam Edelman Ellie Pom Pom Block-Heel, $79, Macy's
3. Millsect Wide Fit Embellished Mules, $38, ASOS
4. Ella, $91, Steve Madden
5. Beaded Vamp and Heel Sandals, $70, Zara
6. Forever Flower Corsage Sandals, $28, ASOS
7. Aleani, $80, Aldo
8. Nine West Chervil Nubuck Dress Sandal, $89, Amazon
9. Topshop Lava Platform Sandal, 85, Nordstrom
10. Inca, $100, Steve Madden
11. Franssie, $100, Aldo
12. Steve Madden Swizzle Flat Sandal, $72, Amazon
13. Topshop Reena Embroidered Sandal, $90, Nordstrom
14. Lauren Lorraine Rita Heel, $99, Belk