Get Stuff We Love
Several workouts a day? Check.
A balanced breakfast, three katrillion glasses of water and a good night's sleep? Check, check and check.
REALLY PRETTY NAIL ART? Well, why not.
Get Stuff We Love
Every Olympian has to look and feel his or her best, and that comes right down to, you guessed it, fingernails. After all, when did looking fabulous and being an all-star athlete have to be mutually exclusive?
We scoured social media to find the best-of-the-best patriotic nail art in the world right now. Because, yes, it's a veritable league of its own.
1. Simone Biles, USA, gymnast
Simone showed off her patriotic paws in a quick Snapchat to her fans.
2. Helen Maroulis, USA, freestyle wrestler
Talk about showing your pride! Where can we get these designs painted on?
3. Elizabeth Beisel, USA, swimmer
We can't tell which is fiercer: the emotion on her face or the art on her nails.
4. Amber Jo Hill, Great Britain, sport shooter
She could rule Brittania with those digits.
5. Maria Benedicta Chigbolu, Italy, sprinter
The only problem with these? People might be more focused on her nails than her fast feet.
6. Missy Franklin, USA, swimmer
How fun are these?! Franklin went with flags, while her teammate Cierra Runge opted for bright fireworks.
7. Allison Schmitt, USA, swimmer
Glammed up, indeed.
8. Dana Vollmer, USA, swimmer
We're huge fans of these "lucky white" and gold nails.
9. Kelly Massey, Great Britain, track and field
They should honestly give out medals for nails like these.
10. Laura Trott, Great Britain, cyclist
We just hope she's not distracted from the course with these awesome nails.
11. Gudi Stock, Germany, cyclist
These are nails all of us (no matter our nationality!) can appreciate.