Our editors independently selected these deals and products because we think you'll enjoy them at these prices. If you purchase something through our links, we earn a commission. Pricing and availability are accurate as of publish-time. Learn more about Shop TODAY.
Amazon Prime Day 2021 is taking place June 21 and 22 this year, Amazon confirmed previously.
When is Prime Day?
Prime Day will last for 48 hours, beginning Monday, June 21 at 12 a.m. PDT and ending Tuesday, June 22 at 11:59 p.m. PDT.
What is Prime Day?
Prime Day is an annual shopping event created by Amazon, and has been compared to Black Friday in July. The event began in July 2015 to coincide with Amazon's birthday celebration and ran for one day of deals. In 2019, the event increased to a full two days and offered sales on everything from tech to fashion. During the pandemic, shoppers shifted to mostly e-commerce, drawing in a record-breaking number of sales for Prime Day 2020. According to Amazon, last year, it saw a nearly 60 percent increase in sales over Prime Day 2019.
Do I need to be a Prime member?
Yes. The discounts are exclusive to Amazon Prime members — if you are not already a Prime member, you can sign up for a free trial, which will allow you to shop the sales and get free two-day shipping. A yearly membership costs $13 a month. Students can get a Prime membership for only $7 per month.
How do I save on Prime Day?
In addition to Amazon’s Lightning Deals, which last only a few hours and require buyers to react quickly, there are also sales that last all day or the entire event.
- Have an Amazon Prime account.
- Download the Amazon Prime app and allow notifications.
- Spend $10 and get $10 by shopping at one of the select small businesses on the platform.
- Use your Alexa. Beginning June 18, Amazon customers can ask Alexa, "What are my deals?" for exclusive early access to Prime Day deals.
- If you have an Amazon Prime credit card, you can receive an additional 1 percent reward back on top of its already 5 percent back from Amazon purchases. To really amp up the savings, those with an Amazon Prime credit card who use it to shop small businesses can receive 10 percent back on purchases made.
What are the best deals on Prime Day?
For the Prime Day event, shoppers saw deals similar to 2020, like half-off the Amazon Echo and Kindle, as well as discounts on other Amazon products like Prime Wardrobe and Amazon Music. Members will also see deals on fashion, tech and brands like Apple AirPods and popular home and beauty tools like Shark vacuums and Revlon hairdryers.
What are the best deals live now?
Some Prime Day deals — like televisions starting at $99 — launched early. See below for some of the best sales on everything from travel basics to fashion to home and tech you can get right now.
If you’re looking for more ways to save right now, check out our coverage of Amazon's bestselling products we can't get enough of.
For more of the best Amazon Prime Day 2021 deals and coverage, check out:
- TODAY shoppers love these Prime Day deals — and they're on sale for one more day
- 36 Prime Day deals under $25 we want to add to our carts immediately
- TikTok loves these 21 products — and they’re all on sale for Amazon Prime Day