Get the latest from TODAY
This year, #startTODAY will follow Hoda Kotb, Jenna Bush Hager and Craig Melvin as they start their own personal health journey with the goal of living to 100. Each anchor has been paired up with a team of coaches to help them along the way.
Jenna Bush Hager's teaming up with fitness trainer and former college football player Joe Holder to attack her fitness goals from every angle, nutritionist and TODAY contributor Joy Bauer to create healthy goals for the whole family, and mindfulness expert Pedram Shojai to develop a daily routine for increased mindfulness.
Holder's goals for Jenna aimed at becoming fit an a very holistic sense:
- Lose inches in the right places
- Improve movement
- Boost energy levels and quality of life
Shojai's goals for Jenna are about embracing time with loved ones and finding time to be centered:
- Live in the moment and be present with her kids
- Develop a daily routine or meditation practice
- Take a break from tech dependency
Bauer's goals for Jenna incorporate her family too!
- Organize family meals with theme nights
- Cook simple, delicious and healthy meals for the entire family
- Incorporate immune-boosting foods into her daily menu
Check out Jenna's 7-day plan below and follow along here for more recipes and tips.
Jenna's team has come up with lots of motivating goals for the new year, but is it the right plan for you? Take our quiz below to see which anchor's plan suits you best!
Jenna's plan is full of goals that you can achieve too! For more tips and advice, sign up for our One Small Thing newsletter, where all of Jenna's coaches will be sharing their best tips all month long. Check back next week to find Jenna's full fitness plan and we'll continue to update you here with more of Jenna's plan along the way!