Get the latest from TODAY
In this week's Summer of Secrets: Successful Women series, TODAY uncovered the drive behind some of the country's most outstanding women, who are setting the bar for what it means to be successful in America (and along the way, inspiring many others to do the same).
While these women's success stories can provide endless tips and advice, we rounded up five of our favorites!
1. "You just have to live and breathe what naturally comes out of you." —Joy Cho, of Pinterest's Oh Joy!
2. "Follow something you love. Sit down, write 10 things that you want to do. Make it so out there and unrealistic that I bet one of those ideas will be the one to really hit." —Catherine McCord, founder of Weelicious
3. "I feel like women can multitask really well, and that is the key thing to running a startup. That is probably one of the key ingredients to the success of Love with Food, so far." —Aihui Ong, founder of Love With Food
4. "It always seems impossible until it's done." —Tammy Tibbetts, founder of She's the First, on her favorite life motto.
5. "Make sure you're prepared. Understand what the goal is before you define the process. Understand that all of those around, particularly your family, are a part of that success. Always find a moment for gratitude. Be grateful along the journey, don't wait for the big prize to say, thank you." —Janice Bryant Howroyd, founder and CEO of the ACT•1 Group