TODAY is kicking off a series of four-step IKEA hacks, showing how you can take one inexpensive product from the popular Swedish company and give it a custom look.
First up on the list is this bumblebee stool, which makes a charismatic addition to any child's room. Developed by DIY'er Jourdan Fairchild, we are breaking down the IKEA hack into a few easy steps.
- IKEA's Frosta stool in yellow
- Painter's tape
- Black spray paint
1. Place strips of painter’s tape to the top of IKEA’s Frosta stool, touching the strips exactly without overlapping.
2. Remove every other strip.
3. Spray paint the stool black.
4. Remove the strips and assemble.