Get the latest from TODAY
Before you fire up the grill, you need to give that puppy a good scrub down so your food will taste its best. A deep clean should be done at least once a year. Watch the video to see exactly what we're talking about.
- Start with the inside of the grill. Using a grill brush, work top to bottom to remove carbon build-up. For areas with tough build-up, use a putty knife.
- Wash it with warm, soapy water
- Remove the grates and wash those with warm soapy water
- Remove the grill burner covers and wash with warm, soapy water.
- Scrape grease build-up into the cook box using a putty knife
- Clean each burner tube individually with a grill brush
- Remove the bottom tray and scrape the gunk into the trash. Remove the dirty drip pan and replace it with a fresh one.
- Hose down the exterior of the grill.
- Now it’s time to get cooking!