Get the latest from TODAY
Before you fire up the grill, you need to give that puppy a good scrub down so your food will taste its best. A deep clean should be done at least once a year. Watch the video to see exactly what we're talking about.
How to clean your grill
What you'll need:
What you'll do:
- Start with the inside of the grill. Using a grill brush, work top to bottom to remove carbon buildup. For areas with tough buildup, use a putty knife.
- Wash it with warm, soapy water.
- Remove the grates and wash them with warm, soapy water.
- Remove the grill burner covers and wash with warm, soapy water.
- Scrape grease buildup in the cook box using a putty knife.
- Clean each burner tube individually with a grill brush.
- Remove the bottom tray and scrape the gunk into the trash. Remove the dirty drip pan and replace it with a fresh one.
- Hose down the exterior of the grill.
- Now it’s time to get cooking!
Want more tips delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our Everyday Solutions Newsletter.
Using interviews with specialists, online reviews and personal experience, TODAY editors, writers and experts take care to recommend items we really like and hope you’ll enjoy! TODAY does have affiliate relationships with various online retailers. So, while every product is independently selected, if you buy something through our links, we may get a small share of the revenue.
This article was originally published on May 15, 2015.