She's a busy woman, that's for sure. But Barbara Pierce Bush knows how to make the most of her mornings.
The 34-year-old philanthropist spends her days tending to the needs of Global Health Corps, a non-profit that she's the co-founder and CEO of aimed at building community to support health equity. But as she revealed to SELF magazine, she squeezes plenty in before she even gets to the office.
If you're looking for some inspiration to jump-start your own morning routine, you've come to the right place! Here are a few things Bush does to kick off the day:
- Forget technology — the first thing Bush picks up in the morning is a pen and paper. Before anything, she writes down three things she's grateful for.
- Don't be afraid to change up your route! Exercise is an important part of her day, so by 7 a.m. her sneakers are laced and she's running along the West Side Highway. On the weekends, she ventures into Brooklyn — the Williamsburg Bridge is a favorite of hers.
- She uses weekends to catch up on reading. "I've learned to love and protect my downtime," Bush told SELF magazine. Her go-to form of media? The newspaper.
- Ice ice (coffee) baby! Bush is a regular at her local coffee shop, where they already have her order — iced coffee, natch — waiting upon arrival. She can't start her day without her iced coffee and a protein shake.
- She's in constant communication with her mom and sister — “My mom and sister wake up before I do, so without fail, I have sweet text messages waiting,” she said.
Find out four more ways Bush does to kick off her day, check out her full routine on SELF!