Get the latest from TODAY
Love the holidays but hate the stress? We can help with that.
Martha Stewart came by TODAY Wednesday to show how to light up your holiday (literally) with decorative DIYs that you won’t break a sweat pulling off. Happy crafting!
Lustrous candle holder
Made from a balloon, glitter, glue and a battery-operated LED candle, this DIY is great as a centerpiece or to display as décor around the house.
- Fine glitter
- Brush Bowl
- LED battery-operated candle
- Blow up balloon to desired size.
- In a bowl, mix equal parts of fine glitter and decoupage.
- With a brush, apply a generous coating of mixture to the top half of the balloon.
- While it’s still wet, sprinkle the balloon with tinsel glitter.
- Allow the balloon to dry overnight.
- Once dry, pop the balloon with a pin.
- Place a candle inside the dish.
Add this DIY to a table with other holiday decorations for an immediate “wow” factor.
- Globe shade
- Foam brush
- Glitter glue
- Paint brush
- Biscuit cutter
- Spray paint
- LED candle
- Place a globe shade on a tray.
- Using a foam brush, cover half of the globe with glitter glue, then sprinkle with glitter. Let it try for one hour. Use a paint brush to brush off excess glitter.
- In a well-ventilated area, spray biscuit cutter with spray paint, if desired. Let it dry.
- Place an LED candle in the center of the biscuit cutter with the globe on top.
This easy DIY is a fantastic way to take tinsel to the next level. Place it on a staircase, mantle, doorway or table.
- Silver tinsel
- String of lights
- Red tinsel
- Wrap the length of silver tinsel around a string of lights.
- Wrap the tinsel around red tinsel.
- Embellish with ornaments.
Star vellum cylinders
This DIY only takes 10 minutes to do!
- Star punch
- Sheet of vellum
- Battery-operated string lights
- Ribbon for a bow
- With a star punch, punch out stars on a sheet of vellum.
- Slide vellum into your cylinder.
- Fill cylinder with battery-operated string lights.
- Tie a bow around it, if you wish.