Get the latest from TODAY
This was the year people did the Whip and Nae Nae, that Justin Bieber sang Carpool Karaoke with James Corden, and that a police officer learned how to "Shake It Off." And those were just three of the Top 10 trending YouTube videos of the year.
Missed some? Want to watch them again? Take a break and press "play."
1. It was the dance that everyone wanted to know, and thanks to 4-year-old Heaven King and her adorable dance crew, everyone did. And the craze has endured: The video has more than 115 million views.
2. The Super Bowl commercial for the game "Clash of Clans" had everyone downloading it for free. Wondering whose voice that is in the ad? It's Liam Neeson's. The video has over 80 million views. Touchdown!
3. A YouTube personality and prankster decided to pull the ultimate gag on his wife by filling their entire living room with plastic balls. Plenty of people loved it, which is why it has over 55 million views.
4. The Ad Council launched the "Love Has No Labels" campaign challenge to open people's eyes to bias and prejudice. Their message caught on thanks to the sweet video, which garnered more than 55 million views.
5. While appearing on "The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon," "Get hard" stars Will Ferrell and Kevin Hart waged an intense lip-sync battle with the host to such songs as Beyonce's "Drunk In Love" and John Legend's "All Of Me." The memorable duel racked up 54 million views.
6. Late-night host James Corden came up with the perfect vehicle when Justin Bieber was his guest: Carpool karaoke. As they drove through LA, the two sang some of Bieber's classic songs, and Corden challenged the pop idol to solve a Rubik's cube. Folks weren't "Sorry" to watch: It has over 43 million views.
7. What happens when a 6-foot-tall guy puts himself inside a giant water balloon? Friends Daniel Gruchy and Gavin Free opted to find out and film the result for their YouTube channel The Slow Mo Guys, and the number of views ballooned to over 40 million views.
8. After Calum Scott's sister failed to win the judges' approval on "Britain's Got Talent," he decided to audition by singing Robyn's "Dancing On My Own." His performance earned him a standing ovation from the audience and a spot on the live show, thanks to Simon Cowell pressing the gold buzzer. Plenty of others were impressed too: The video has over 38 million views.
9. The Dover, Delaware, Police Department released a dash-cam video in January of Master Cpl. Jeff Davis, jamming out to Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" as a thank you to its local community. But his dance moves proved popular far beyond the Dover city limits.
10. From time to time, late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel gives celebrities a chance to read some of the mean things people tweet about them. Somehow they got President Barack Obama to participate. Tons tuned in to watch his edition of #MeanTweets.