Fresh herbs, a handful of nuts and salty cheese turn the raw vegetable into an elegant appetizer.
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled ricotta salata or feta
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
Use a vegetable peeler, mandoline peeler or a sharp knife to cut each zucchini into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then drizzle over the zucchini ribbons and gently toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
Arrange the zucchini ribbons on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with the ricotta salata and hazelnuts, season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with the fresh mint.