It's healthy and light yet filling and it's super simple to make. It's a go-to dinner for me!
Technique tip: I prefer using a spiralizer to make the zucchini noodles. You can also use a vegetable peeler to cut them into wide, thin noodles.
Swap Option: Use soba noodles instead of zucchini noodles.
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, packed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 zucchinis, spiralized or peeled into ribbons
Combine the basil, avocado, almonds, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt in a food processor.
Process until the mixture is fully incorporated and reaches your preferred pesto consistency.
Place the zucchini noodles in a bowl and pour the pesto over them. Toss to coat and serve.