Tangy Greek yogurt, spicy chili paste and zesty lemon infuse this chicken recipe with loads of flavor! Since the chicken needs to marinate overnight, you can set it up the day before and just cook it right before you're ready to eat the next day.
- 2 packed cups (about 1 bunch) roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (Asian chili paste)
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1½ pounds skin-on boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1. For this chicken recipe, puree in a blender: cilantro, yogurt, Parmesan, olive oil, fish sauce, shallot, garlic, sambal oelek and lemon zest until smooth.
2. Pour the mixture into a large bowl, add the chicken thighs, and toss to coat. Let marinate overnight, covered, in the fridge.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade; do not wipe off the excess.
4. Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the thighs for 2 to 3 minutes per side (do this in batches to avoid crowding the pan). When all the chicken has been browned, transfer it to a large baking dish and bake until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
5. Serve the thighs whole or sliced.