- 1 pound lean ground beef, preferably grass fed
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon , 1 teaspoon all-natural, low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sea salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Agave- or honey-sweetened all-natural Japanese dressing
Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes.
Preheat a grill to high heat.
Add the beef, garlic, ginger, green onion and soy sauce to a medium bowl.
Mix well to combine.
Season with salt.
Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions.
Take one portion of the beef and shape it around a skewer, flattening the meat so it's about 1 1/2 inches wide and covers about 5 inches of length of the skewer.
Place the finished skewer on a dinner plate.
Repeat with the remaining meat mixture and skewers.
Transfer the plate to the freezer and let the skewers sit about 10 minutes.
Grill the skewers for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
Divide the yakitori among 4 serving plates, and serve alongside the dressing for dipping, if desired.