This healthy and flavorful salad is great as a side dish or you can add protein to make it a main. It's also great served on its own or over leafy greens.
- 1/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups Tuscan kale, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon date sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted pistachios, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Cook wild rice and brown rice according to package instructions and set aside.
2. Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a bit of sea salt. Spread on baking sheet and roast at 375ºF for 15-18 minutes, until browned.
3. Toss Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a bit of sea salt. Spread on baking sheet and roast at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, until browned.
4. Sauté Tuscan kale.
5. Whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, date sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
6. Combine all ingredients and top with thinly sliced scallions.