Believe the hype: Everything really is better with bacon. If you've never cooked your mushrooms with bacon before, you're missing out.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 ounces slab bacon, sliced and finely diced
- 1/4 cup wild mushrooms, cleaned, broken in large pieces
- 1 fresh shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, cleaned, stemmed, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, picked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a medium sauté pan on medium high heat, melt oil and butter together with bacon.
2. When fat is sizzling, add mushrooms and cook, moving infrequently for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Add shallots and herbs and season. Move to a flat plate and reserve warm.