- 4 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, room temperature
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, preferably fresh packed
- 2 cup plum tomatoes, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 3 ounce pecorino romano cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
Thinly slice the artichoke hearts crosswise, then place in a small bowl.
Add lemon juice, and toss to coat.
Preheat oven to 450 F.
Lightly oil a baking sheet.
Stretch dough to a 12-by-16-inch oval.
Place dough on prepared sheet and brush with 1 tablespoon oil, making sure to coat edges well.
Scatter spoonfuls of ricotta over dough.
Top evenly with tomatoes, artichokes, olives, and three-quarters of the pecorino.
Season with 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste) and pepper.
Bake pizza until crust is browned and toppings are heated through, 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Sprinkle with basil and remaining pecorino, and serve immediately.