This classic cocktail is all about balance. The smoky spirit, bright lemon and sweet syrup each add a different, yet complementary, flavor note to this iconic drink. At Dante we add egg white for added body and creaminess, as well as a spiced liqueur for an extra kick.
- 1½ ounces bourbon, preferably Baker's 107
- 1/2 ounce DOM Benedictine
- 3/4 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce vanilla-honey syrup (if you don't have time to infuse your honey, use plain instead)
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 egg white
1. Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake everything to mix well.
2. Then, add a few ice cubes and shake again, giving it several hard shakes.
3. Strain liquid into a large coupe glass and serve straight up.