Sure, you can serve salad in a boring old bowl. But for a real party, give greens a twist by putting them on skewers so guests can enjoy a zesty, crunchy lollipop. Red onions also give the dish some extra zing.
- 8 wedges iceberg lettuce
- 4 strips cooked bacon, cut in half
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 bamboo toothpicks (or double the recipe and use bamboo sticks)
- 8 teaspoons bluu cheese salad dressing
- 8 teaspoons crumbled blue cheese, or more to taste
- Diced red onions (optional)
1. Thread each lettuce wedge, bacon piece, and grape tomato onto each toothpick, in that order. Arrange toothpicks on a serving platter.
2. Drizzle 1 teaspoon blue cheese dressing over each and sprinkle with blue cheese and red onions, if desired.
3. If using bamboo sticks, repeat directions to fill up the entire stick with ingredients.