Equal parts refreshing and indulgent! Watermelon pizzas are made using thick slices of baby watermelon and are such an easy way to serve dessert. I love to set up a mix and match toppings bar so guests can make their own.
Technique tip: Make sure to keep the cream chilled until ready to serve.
- One 4- to 5-pound baby watermelon
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces blueberries
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted (optional)
1. Cut the ends off a baby watermelon and slice it into 1-inch-thick rounds (you should get 4 or 5).
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until medium-stiff peaks form.
3. Spoon whipped cream onto watermelon rounds. Decorate with strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Top with toasted coconut, if desired.