This salad is full of exciting flavors and textures. It has crunchy nuts, sweet citrus, crisp greens and salty dressing. Above all it's easy and healthy.
Technique tip: Make the salad dressing in a jar by tossing in all the ingredients and shaking it up. Swap option: Use any greens or your favorite lettuce.
Special equipment: Spiralizer.
- 3 cups (about 8 ounces) organic watercress, washed
- 3 cups (about 8 ounces) organic baby spinach, washed
- 2 medium carrot, peeled and spiralized
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- 1 teaspoon peeled and freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon tamari or low-sodium light soy sauce
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1 teaspoon black and white toasted sesame seeds (optional)
For the salad:
Place all the salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl, cover and chill.
For the dressing:
Just before serving, whisk all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad.
Toss in nuts and sesame seeds and serve immediately.