1 hr 30 mins
- 1 gallon fresh cider
- 5 cups apple brandy, such as Applejack
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cut into quarters
- 3 Fuji or McIntosh apples, cut into quarters
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (reserve 1 cup for garnish)
- 1 orange, cut into slices
- 5-6 star anise
- 8-10 cloves
- 2-3 knobs fresh ginger, peeled (about the size of your thumb)
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 15 sticks cinnamon
- 1 green apple, cup into 15 thin slices
- 1 red apple, cut into 15 thin slices
- 15 strips orange zest (from one orange)
As the cider heats in the slow cooker, it fills the house with the aroma of holiday cheer.
Technique Tip: If you don't have a slow cooker, the glogg can be heated on the stovetop in an 8 quart pan to about 165° F. for 15 minutes.
Swap Option: Leave out the brandy to make it nonalcoholic.
Place all glogg ingredients into a slow cooker; cook on medium-high heat without the lid for 1½ hours.
To serve, place one of each of the garnish items into each cup; ladle the glogg over the garnish in each cup.