- 5 1/2 cup raw rice (either arborio or converted rice)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ear fresh corn, shucked, grilled, and kernels sliced off with knife
- 1 ear small yellow pepper, small dice
- 1 ear small red pepper, small dice
- 1 ear small green pepper, small dice
- 1 ear medium carrot, small dice
- 1 ear medium zucchini, cut into long strips, small dice (outside only, no seeds)
- 1/2 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch medium yellow squash, cut into long strips, small dice (outside only, no seeds)
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 5 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup flat leaf italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
If using Arborio rice, cook rice in an abundant amount of lightly salted water until al dente, drain, and cool.
If using converted rice, just follow package directions, drain, and cool off.2.
Place rice in large mixing bowl.
Add all vegetables, fresh herbs, pine nuts, and raisins.
Toss and mix evenly.
Add extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Serve room temperature or cold.