- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon large onion, minced
- 4 stalk lemongrass, white part only, minced
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 cup sushi rice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup shelled edamame
Heat a large paella pan or large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
When the oil is hot, add the onions, lemongrass, garlic and ginger and sauté, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.2.
Add the rice and paprika and sauté, stirring, until the rice is coated with oil.
Add the wine, deglaze the pan, and simmer until the liquid is reduced by three quarters, about 2 minutes.
Add the stock and parsley, stir, and add the potato and edamame.
Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently, covered, until the rice is cooked, 25 to 30 minutes.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes, and serve from the pan.