Feed a crowd with these healthy vegetable frittata muffins. Fresh herbs make them especially fragrant, but you can also swap in dried herbs (about 1/2 teaspoon each).
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Fresh rosemary, basil and parsley to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with oil spray, making sure each cup is well coated to prevent sticking.
2. Heat a large skillet liberally coated with oil spray over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté until soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Toss in spinach and sauté another minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites and milk. Add the cheese and sautéed vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add ground black pepper, kosher salt, rosemary, basil and parsley.
4. Pour 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the egg mixture into each of the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 22 to 24 minutes, checking the oven periodically after 15 minutes to make sure the frittatas don't burn. Serve.