The classic combo of milk and cookies is transformed into an easy party dessert that will make everyone feel just like a kid again. You can bake mini versions of your favorite homemade chocolate chip cookie recipe or keep things simple by picking up a box from your local grocery store or bakery.
Swap option: Serving these shots at an adults-only party? Add an extra kick by stirring in a splash of liqueur or spiced rum into the sweetened milk.
Vanilla Milk and Cookie Shooters
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 24 small soft chocolate chip cookies (homemade or store bought — such as Entenmann’s)
- 12 paper straws, cut in half
- 24 small shot glasses (or disposable Dixie-type cups)
1. Whisk together the milk, vanilla and sugar until sugar has dissolved.
2. Divide the sweetened milk evenly into the small cups.
3. Push one straw half through one soft cookie and balance it on a cup of milk. Repeat this process with the rest of straws and cookies.
4. Serve immediately or keep chilled until it's time to serve them at the party.