Make a party punch your Halloween guests can really sink their teeth into. This cool cocktail has a slushy texture that's great for slurping through a straw or eating with a spoon.
Eye ball swizzle sticks
- Ping-pong balls
- Permanent markers
- Paper straws
- Paper awl (or other sharp object for poking a hole through the ping-pong ball)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- Two 3-ounce packages strawberry gelatin
- One 46-ounce can pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart orange juice
- Two 2-liter bottles lemon-lime soda
For the swizzle sticks:
1. Start by drawing an eyeball in permanent marker on a ping-pong ball.
2. Poke a hole in the bottom with a bamboo skewer or other sharp object.
3. Stick the paper straw through the hole in the bottom of the eye pin-pong ball.
For the punch:
1. Bring the sugar, water and strawberry gelatin mix to a boil in a large pot.
2. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice and orange juice.
3. Divide into 2 separate containers and freeze.
4. Combine contents of 1 container with 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda in a punch bowl. Stir until slushy.
5. Repeat for the other container if you need to make more.
6. Serve in a punch bowl with cups and swizzle sticks on the side.