Avocados are one of my all-time favorite foods. This is such a fun recipe that makes the most of versatile avocados, plus it adds the delicious goodness of fresh salmon. Eating healthy never tasted so good!
- 2/3 pound leftover Sheet-Pan Baked Salmon, flaked into bite sized pieces (recipe linked above)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus 1/4 cup whole leaves
- 4-6 radishes, finely chopped, plus 1 thinly sliced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 dashes hot sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large avocados, well washed
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
In a bowl, mix together the salmon, mayonnaise, chopped parsley, chopped radishes, chopped celery, shallot, lemon juice, hot sauce a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.2.
Halve and pit the avocados. Use a spoon to scoop out most of the flesh, leaving 1/4 inch behind. Chop the avocado flesh and gently mix it into the salmon salad. Add salt and pepper to taste, if needed. Spoon the salad into the avocado halves.3.
Toss the arugula with the sliced radishes, parsley leaves, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Divide among 4 plates; nestle the avocado halves on top. Serve with lemon wedges on the side.