Fresh green herbs and a zesty avocado and tomato salsa add so much bright, bold flavor to this salmon dish. Always try to get a little salsa on the fork with the tender salmon to maximize the amazing flavors in every bite.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the pan and the salmon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dill
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 3 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 2 ¼ pounds center-cut salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large avocados
- 12 ounces mixed-colored cherry or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered, if large
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the salmon:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and brush it lightly with olive oil.
2. Mix the dill, parsley, chives and basil together. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the mixture for the salsa and set aside.
3. Put the salmon on the oiled baking pan and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil, then top evenly with the herbs. Bake in the oven until just cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
For the salsa:
Meanwhile, halve and peel the avocados and cut them into 1/2-inch pieces. Put them in a large bowl and gently toss them with the tomatoes, shallot, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the reserved herbs. Transfer to a serving bowl.
Add the salmon to a platter, and serve with the salsa on the side.