- 6-8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella or white mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 26.46-ounce carton chopped tomatoes, such as Pomi
- 1 6-ounce can whole or sliced black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
This chicken dish is a whole meal on its own. There are so many different flavorful veggies, plus the juicy chicken thighs, that you won't even need a side dish. The best part? You can make a whole dinner using just one pan!
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.2.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs skin-side down and cook undisturbed until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken thighs to a plate.3.
Reduce the heat to medium low and add the onions, mushrooms, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by about half. Add the tomatoes, olives, oregano and 1/2 cup water and bring to a simmer; stir in butter and season with salt and pepper.4.
Nestle the chicken thighs in the sauce, skin-side up, and transfer to the oven. Bake until the chicken is just cooked through, about 40 minutes.5.
Sprinkle the dish with parsley and serve immediately.