Set up a guacamole bar so your guests can customize their dip. "Have fun with the garnishes and be sure to have a little bit of something for everyone," says Ryan Clark, executive chef at Casino Del Sol Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona and the author of "Modern Southwest Cooking." "Think of textures, flavors and diets. I always try to have some veggies, seafood and crunchy bits."
- 5 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, toasted and ground
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cotija cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Guacamole Bar Garnishes
- Cotija cheese
- Pork chicharrones
- Dried crispy corn (freeze-dried corn)
- Cooked smoky bacon
- Grilled pineapple
1. In a large bowl, add the chopped avocado, lime juice, cumin, jalapeño, salt, pepper, cheese, oil and cilantro.
2. Using a fork, mash the ingredients together until smooth and mixed well.
3. Serve with warm tortilla chips (seasoned with mesquite smoked salt) and garnishes.