Udon noodles with spring vegetables
Black bean soy dressing
For the udon noodles:
- Heat a pot of salted water to boiling. Prepare an ice bath. Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute until bright green and tender. Transfer to ice bath with a mesh strainer. Repeat with English peas and sugar snap peas (sugar snap peas may take 1 ½ minutes).
- Blanch noodles until tender, 3 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables into a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Toss, adjust seasoning. Serve immediately
For black bean soy dressing:
- Put first seven ingredients into a pot, bring to boil and simmer over super low heat for 1 hour. Transfer and cool.
- Mix together the black bean oil with the remaining ingredients until well incorporated. Stir before using.