Rustic recipes are the cornerstone of great Italian cooking. These beans are a great example of that because you just toss everything into one big pot and let the stove do the work.
- 1 pound cannellini beans
- Olive oil
- 3 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- 10 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place beans in a large bowl or pot, cover with cool water and let soak overnight.
2. Coat the bottom of a large soup pot with olive oil and set over medium heat.
3. Drain the beans and place them in the pot. Add the rest of the ingredients, cover with water and cook for 2 hours over medium-low heat.